Monday, August 24, 2009

This weekend recap...

What a weekend! It started Friday when me and Emma met Shannon and Harper for lunch at Chick Fil A. We then went shopping for fabric and that was lots of fun. That night me, Shannon and Amy went to the BAMOM sale. It happens twice a year and this was our first time to go. To say it was madness is an understatement. We got there right after 6 which was when it opened to the public for people with invitations. We pulled up and I think we were immediately intimadated. There was a line already and we had to drive around the building to find a place to park. But when got in line it moved fast, however once inside it's like where do you begin! It was crazy! I did find some GREAT stuff and of course spent more then either Amy or Shannon. I got Brooks an adorable Christmas outfit that looks brand new to go with Emma's Christmas dress I got her from Strasburg's back in January. I think they'll look precious together. Then I was able to get her the cutest outfit for next fall (I know that is a ways away) but I just couldn't resist. I also got her 2 more things and him 2 more things (1 with tags still on it). So I'd say it was worth the time and effort.

Saturday I did MAJOR cleaning in our downstairs playroom/man room as Ben calls it. I had stuff everywhere from Kids Market and so I spent the better half of the morning cleaning it up. I was FINALLY able to take all my stuff to Kids Market, although I ran out of safety pins again. I ended up taking 140 items, so hopefully I'll make something and it will be worth all my time. We'll see! That sale opens to the public September 21st by the way if you are interested and runs for 2 weeks.

Sunday was my birthday! It was a great day! Everyone remembered my birthday, I got calls and text messages and emails all day wishing me a happy birthday. I felt so loved! Thank you all! Sunday night we went to the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday and it was YUMMY! Although I think I could make a meal just off their cheesecake! It was a great day! Here is a picture of what Ben and Emma got me for my birthday.

My new Coach purse...



And a new bag to carry my shoes back and forth in to work (I wear flip flops then change once I get to work or if it's raining wear tennis shoes then change when I get here)...



While I was taking a picture of it Emma decided she wanted to take a picture of her 2 new bags. I had tried last week to get a picture of them and her but she wasn't interested. Yesterday morning however she was. She looks so cute I could just eat her up! She looks like such a big girl here.



Emma and her new backpack!



And while we're speaking of gifts, we got a baby gift in the mail last week from friends that couldn't come to the tea this weekend coming up. I don't know if Mandy reads our blog or not but just in case thank you Mandy, Gary and Ella! This blanket is so soft. Emma knew immediately this was for Baby Brooks!



I think I've covered this weekend for the most part!

I hope you all have a great day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you had a good weekend! Love Emma's new backpack and lunch box. You racked up on goodies too!!!
Have a good Tuesday!

Lyryn said...

FREAKING JEALOUSE OF YOUR COACH PURSE!!!! OH my WORD!

Beachbumaw said...

Glad you had a wonderful b'day!!! Love the new bag (yours and little miss Emmas)!!!!

H2's Mommy said...

We had so much fun with you girls last Friday! Love all of the new bags too!