Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tomorrow my baby girl turns 2...

So tomorrow Miss Emma Bean turns 2 at exactly 12:55 p.m. I can not believe it. Where has the last 2 years gone? I can't think about it or it makes me sad. I'm so excited about each new day and adventure with her but it literally feels like it's passing before me so fast I can't savor it enough! I was extremely emotional around her first birthday and I just figured it was because it was such a monumental birthday. Well I was wrong. I've found myself just as emotional this week (just like last year...it lasted the entire week of her birthday). It's like I can't hold her long enough at night time or kiss her enough or get enough of her. It is like I'm clinging to her. One day that will drive her crazy, I know! But until then I'm just going to continue to smother her with love and kisses!

Last night we asked her what she wanted for her birthday (she's been singing Happy Birthday all week)and she said presents and grinned real big and I said what else and she said as plain as day..."baby sister". Ben and I both laughed. Ben said how about a baby brother and before she could answer he said what is baby brother's name and she said "Baby Brother Brooks". It was so sweet. So I think truth be told she really wanted a little sister but I know when her little brother gets here she'll love him just the same! My plan is either tonight or tomorrow to post pictures of Miss Emma from the last 2 years. Like I said that's my plan, we'll see if that happens. :) I am off tomorrow for Emma's birthday and we're going to the Zoo and lunch. I can't wait, I can't think of a better way to spend the day!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!
Morgan

2 comments:

Beachbumaw said...

I know the feeling all to well. I've been through the same thing 4 times now!!! But every year you find that there are new and exciting things that they say and do. SOOO...don't be sad, get excited b/c there is so much to look forward to!!! Happy Birthday EMMA!!!!

Anonymous said...

Time does fly! Happy Birthday Emma!