Wednesday, May 9, 2012

You Are Beautiful

A while back I had an idea. My jewelry box (it's one of those tall lingerie/jewelry boxes) is a mess. I always throw my earrings in it and it just becomes a mess. I'm not even going to tell you how many times I've run late going somewhere trying to find the 2nd earring. So I decided something needed to be done to solve this problem. I'm not sure if I can take full credit. I feel like it might be a combination of seeing several ideas and just putting them together myself to create this. Thankfully my husband is always willing to accommodate me and build whatever I ask him too. He's pretty good if I do say so myself. :) So I told him what I wanted and we went to Lowe's to get the stuff. I'd seen before where people have used chicken wire for various things/frames, etc and thought that's what I'd get. Lowe's happened to be out of chicken wire, so we got something very similar. This is actually smaller so I think it might be better anyway. Then Ben built the frame and put the wire behind it. When we got to the doors it got quite comical. Apparently, I hadn't been real clear with what I was talking about so it took a day or 2 or maybe a week (shh...we won't tell) before he figured out what I meant...I mean I explained it better! Once it was complete (I totally fail for not taking pictures along the way-however here are step by step instructions)I sprayed it white. Ben still wasn't in love with it and at one point told me I couldn't give him credit for building it because he didn't like it. I told him I wasn't finished with it yet to bare with me! Once it dried white I got out my cricut and printed out what I wanted on it. I put the letters on there and then sprayed it black. I let it dry over night and peeled them off. After that, I got Ben to get his sander out and sand it to make it look distressed. Let me just tell you I was SO EXCITED with how this turned out. I did learn, that we should have painted it possibly before we put the doors on, because you can see in the 2nd picture with the doors open the paint isn't perfect but that's ok!! Who is going to see it besides me anyway! I'm so proud of our team work and creativity to finish it and get it right and I'm pretty sure he'll take full credit now for building it! He was quite pleased when we were both done. Sorry for the blur with the way our bed is it creates a shadow and this was taken with my phone. These pictures don't really do it justice at all!
So what do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! Great job! Cute earrings too. :)

H2's Mommy said...

Love it! You both did an awesome job! Love all of your cute earrings too!

Kristen Pesnell said...

Absolutely LOVE it! Once again I find myself saying, "Gosh, that Morgan is so creative!"

Katie @ Made to be a Momma. said...

This is fanastic!! love the quote too!! I would love to have you share this at my link party going on and even enter the giveaway!! I am your newest GFC follower..would love to have you take a peak at my place too!!

http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/05/homemade-by-you-11-giveaway.html