Friday, March 30, 2012

Bye bye Pappy

This past Thursday (not yesterday, so we've been paci free for a week) we decided it was officially time to tell "pappy" bye bye. We had talked about it a good bit before Disney and then since we got home. I was trying to let Brooks get back into the swing of things before it went away. I knew it would either be this past Thursday or yesterday and felt like we'd talked about it so much it was time to quit telling him and just do it. He hasn't always been attached to his paci like Emma was. His real attachment to it has only really come in the last year or so and then after Disney I was afraid he'd never let it go. When we got back from Disney the first time with Emma, we decided we'd mail it to Mickey. It actually went over really well with her and thought we'd do the same thing with him. We quickly realized that wasn't going to happen with him and the best thing to do was just to make it disappear. He was pitiful and cried for about 20 minutes. After I let him have his moment about it I decided to try and make him calm down. We had him a "prize" for being a big boy and even though he kept saying he didn't want to open it, I figured I'd go ahead and do it for him. He LOVED IT!! We actually were going to get him this Woody doll in Disney because he loved it so much but never made our way back to Downtown Disney and it had to be the only thing our gift shop didn't have. Here are some pictures of our big boy!! Brooks we are SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!







He has done so good since and only asked for it here and there and when we tell him it's gone he goes on about his business. He'll also sometimes say that pappy is with Barney or Mickey too and it's so cute! I'm not gonna lie, I never thought he'd be so easy about it!!

Morgan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am taking Gaines' in the next month or so; dreading it!!!!! Good job Brooks!!

Kristen Pesnell said...

I'm so glad taking his pappy away was easier for you than you expected! I'm loving the pic of him pushing Woody in the shopping cart!