Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My own recipe...

Monday night I was going to make one of our favorite meals, poppy seed chicken, only to realize we had no sourcream. It's really the easiest recipe I know and have. You cook your chicken, then cut it up, mix it with cream of chicken soup and 8 oz of sour cream and then crumble crackers on top and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. However, I had already cooked the chicken, cut it up and got the cream of chicken out when I realized I had no sour cream. Ooopppsss...I forgot to put it on the list this week! So I had to think of something. I realized I did have Campbells Cheddar Soup and then remembered I had bought stuff for another recipe I wanted to try a few weeks ago but it required sour cream as well. So I decided to mix the Cheddar Soup with the Cream of Chicken. It wasn't bad just a little bland so I got out the ranch dressing mix I had and added it and then crumbled crackers on top and baked it like I do poppy seed chicken. Oh my word...it was delicious!!! I served it over rice (again just like poppy seed chicken). Everyone in our house loved it and we'll definitely be eating it again. I just thought I'd share in case you wanted to try something new.

Morgan

1 comment:

Kristen Pesnell said...

That sounds good! Thanks for sharing...I'm always looking for new recipes to try!