Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Great Recipe

I forgot to include in my post yesterday that I tried a recipe I found on Big Mama's site. It is called Blackened Chicken Pizza (Paula Deen), it was posted on May 12th. I made it Sunday night, it was WONDERFUL!! I highly recommend this recipe. It does call for white wine and suggests you drink it while you make it. Since I'm pregnant I didn't want to buy wine to waste. That's a sin isn't it? Ben truly enjoyed it as well. Here is the recipe which I just copied and pasted from her site. If you want pictures as well then go to her site and she'll take you step by step. If you don't read her blog already you should. She's ABSOLUTELY hilarious. I laugh most everyday reading it. If only I were as funny as she was...Enjoy!

Blackened Chicken Pizza (Paula Deen)

3 teaspoons blackening seasoning, divided (found on the spices aisle)
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to 1/4 in. thickness
4 tbs. butter, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
2 tbs. all purpose flour
1/4 cup white wine
3/4 cup milk
2 tbs. chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
Pizza crust

Sprinkle 2 teaspoons blackening seasoning evenly over chicken breast. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 2to 3 minutes per side or until done. Remove from heat, cool and cut chicken into bite-size pieces.

In large skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in flour, cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in wine and milk.

Continue to whisk the mixture constantly for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in basil and remaining 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning. Remove from heat.

Preheat oven to 450.

Spread cream mixture evenly over prepared, unbaked crust.

Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.

Top evenly with spinach, chicken pieces, and bacon.

Sprinkle another 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese over the top.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.

If you make it let me know what you think. We'll definitely be making this again!

2 comments:

Beachbumaw said...

Sounds yummy!!! I'll have to give it a try...with the wine of course!!!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so good! I love pizza...especially homemade pizza. And Paula's recipes are usually great!