Monday, April 18, 2011

Salt Lake City

Week before last I went on a work trip to Salt Lake City, Utah. I had never been and it was quite an interesting place. We left 70 to 80 degree weather and up there it was 30's, 40's and 50's. We got there Tuesday night late and Wednesday was actually nice. It was sunny and in the low 50's. However after Wednesday it started to snow and snowed the rest of the time we were there. It's always interesting to compare the north and the south. Had it snowed like that here in Alabama everything would have been shut down but up there everything was normal business as usual. We had a great time at our conference and a great time sightseeing. Here are some pictures from the trip.

Kati, Caroline, Lauren and me



Views walking around downtown. It almost felt like we were in a bowl is how one of them kept describing it because the mountains were all around us.





View from our hotel




The Tabernacle...this place was unbelievable



Outside the Reg Iguana...the best Mexican restaurant I've ever eaten at! I do have to say that all the restaurants we went too were really unique and really good. Lauren, Caroline, Kati, me, & Traci



This was outside the Beerhive Pub which was a local brewery.



Inside the Beerhive Pub...they had some really funny tshirts!



Me & Kati in the snow



Me & Traci in the snow



We got free tickets to see the Utah Jazz professional basketball game one night. I have to admit at first I said I didn't want to go but I'm so glad I did. I'm not into basketball and the game wasn't what made the night, it was the company!!





I didn't take many pictures at all but thought I'd share what I had. I have never been so happy to come back to Alabama where it was hot and humid! I missed my sweet babies and hubby so much! I am definitely a southern girl through and through.

Morgan

1 comment:

Kristen Pesnell said...

Love the pictures of Salt Lake! I know what you mean about the weather being so different from state to state. There are plenty of times when it's extra nice weather here, and Patrick tells me is freezing or even snowing where he is! I'm so thankful for our AL weather!