Sunday, March 14, 2010

Look what I won this weekend...



We ran in our 2nd 5K race this weekend and I won 1st place in my age range 20-29 (and might I add I'm at the back end of that age group...might be the only time I'm happy I'm at the end of that age range)! Can you believe it? I can't. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I never in a million years thought I would win. I went into it purely wanting to beat my time of 31 minutes 41 seconds from last week. Everyone had said this was a flat course (I would not say it was flat at all) and easy. Once we got started we quickly realized it wasn't as flat as they made it seem. At that point I just wanted to do it in the same amount of time I had last week. So I kept pushing through with my running buddy Blake (Amy was behind us but did oh so good as well) and we finished in 29 minutes and 20 seconds. So not only did I beat my time from last week, I beat my goal I had set for myself this week which was to finish in 30 minutes. I was SUPER pumped!!

Here is Blake, me and Amy before the race started.



Here is Shannon and Blake, she was there supporting us all the way and taking pictures for us.



My good friend Tammie and Brandon came to do it with us!



Me and Blake nearing the finish line, can you tell I'm ready to be done, I've already torn the bottom half of my number off to turn in. :)



Amy nearing the finish line.



I wish the weather had been better but it was still a good time. Ben, Emma and Brooks were there as well but we didn't get any pictures. If you would have told me a year ago I'd be running and have already completed my 2nd race I would have laughed at you (and for those of you that don't know I work out all the time and have for years). However, I have never liked running or even attempted it. But after doing personal training at the first of the year, our trainer liked to run, and it got me going. I now know why people say it's addicting. It gives you a great sense of accomplishment once your done. Who knows...maybe next year I can attempt a half marathon. We'll just have to see. In the meantime, I hope to run all this baby weight off me! :)

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Morgan

7 comments:

Amy said...

Love that picture of me- I was super excited to be nearing the finish line. So proud of you- I know I keep saying that but it is a huge accomplishment. :-)

danapate said...

Good Job Morgan. I remember when you emailed me before you started your training. I told you that it wouldn't take long before you became addicted to it. I have gone from bedrest with TWO pregnancies to TWO FULL MARATHONS and I started in the same place you did. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it, if I can do it, you can do it. I am super proud of you and Amy. I told her Saturday when I talked to her, that so many people talk about wanting to do what yall are actually doing. Running is THE BEST way to run off your extra weight and continue a healthy lifestyle. Keep it up girl, and congrats on your medal.

LeighAnne said...

Congrats! You have so much to be proud of! That is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congrats!!

Amber said...

So proud of you! Who knows, maybe I'll start running with y'all soon. :)

Melissa said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Amanda (Janelle's Mommy) said...

Yay! Congrats to you! :)